Questions That Might Be Asked:
Q. What is MyJoeCard?
A. It's a membership card for the community - and it's easy to use: show the card, save money on the finer things in life.
Q. Who can use MyJoeCard and is MyJoeCard only for saving money and getting discounts?
A. Anyone. MyJoeCard is a community directory for local businesses of all types to gain exposure to the community.
- Get a card FREE at any location listed as a CardCenter or MyJoeCard Service Provider, or order one here.
- **NOTE: You Might Want To Call The CardCenter Business First to Make Sure They Have Aren't Out - The MyJoeCards have become pretty popular and you should make sure that they have the cards in stock before you go get one. We do our best to keep the CardCenters stocked.**
- No registration is required to have MyJoeCard or use MyJoeCard. It's ready to go when you get it.
- Our network of business members may or may not offer specials or promotions - we offer advertising and exposure to the Greater Kansas City area for local businesses.
Q. Why use businesses listed in MyJoeCard's Directory for Kansas City?
A. Because our business members are 'Go Green' and 'Shop Local' and want to provide value to YOU. These businesses respect and value the environment, the local economy and you - the consumer. As business members of www.myjoecard.com, they:
- Help reduce junk mail and bulk mail to your mailbox.
- Help reduce paper waste associated with bulk mailings.
- Help promote consumer rights and personal privacy, as MyJoeCard is a free, no-hassle avenue to market to the community as a whole.
Q. What rules are there when using MyJoeCard at a business that offers coupon - style discounts (such as restaurants)?
A. The following stipulations apply to using MyJoeCard to receive values at our business members that offer discounts or promotions:
- Valid for Cardholder only.
- Offers may vary.
- Present Card UP FRONT when ordering.
- Equal or lesser value always applies.
- Good only at participating locations.
- Not valid with other coupons, specials, sales, or discounts.
Q. Do I have to have MyJoeCard with me when visiting a merchant or ordering a service?
A. Only if the business member has 'with MyJoeCard' as part of a promotion (such as a restaurant). At least 25% of our business members do not or cannot offer discounts or promotions (such as an insurance agent, or home builder). These members will not be asking for MyJoeCard, but will be glad to hear that you found them through us.
Q. What is MyJoeCard.Com?
A. Our website is a community directory for the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan area (and other a growing number of metro areas) where cardholders and non-cardholders alike find community-minded businesses, as well as hundreds of values at every type of local business. View all business members and member values by clicking here.
Q. How can I get a card right now?
A. There are two ways to get MyJoeCard:
- Order one online here, or
- Get MyJoeCard for free at a nearby CardCenter location.
Q. When using MyJoeCard at a restaurant, how should I figure the correct tip for the server?
A. We suggest tipping good service and figure the server's tip from what the total dining bill would have originally been before the discount.
Q. How much can I save with MyJoeCard?
A. YOU CAN SAVE THOUSANDS. MyJoeCard works at over a hundred restaurants, family fun destinations and local businesses of all types. With MyJoeCard you stand to save more than with any other consumer product, discount, coupon, or incentive. Our business members are located throughout Johnson County, KS and the Greater Kansas City Metro area.
We grow daily!
Q. How long is MyJoeCard valid?
A. Current issue cards do not expire.
Q. Why should I use MyJoeCard?
A. Variety, Value, and Convenience:
- MyJoeCard is universal - Show your card & save money at when dining, shopping or ordering services within the Greater Kansas City Metro area and over a dozen additional markets from Florida to Colorado (and growing).
- We don’t and won't sell your information – MyJoeCard doesn’t ask for your ‘PII’ (Personal Identifying Information). We respect your personal privacy; no tracking, profiling, telemarketing or mailing lists and no junk mail or ‘Spam’ email.
- We won’t waste your time - our business members respect your privacy.
- MyJoeCard is easy – just show the card to get savings.
- No personal info-tracking.
- No unwanted ‘pop-up’ ads at myjoecard.com.
- No junk mail flooding your mailbox.
- No more coupon hassles.
- You can help make the world a better place.
- It works more than once.
- It is free.
- You don't need a coupon.
- MyJoeCard never expires.
- You don't have to give out your personal information such as name, address, phone number, email address or any other PII (Personal Identification Information).
Your time, and peace-of-mind are valuable.
Q. What is this bar code on the back for?
A. The bar code is there for merchant convenience only - for ringing up and applying their offer to the order and to help them see how well our program works for their business.
Q. What is this mag stripe on the back for?
A. The magnetic strip is there for future convenience or functionality - since MyJoeCard is like a coupon that never expires - we decided to think ahead and build a few things in for the future (like a really cool 100% fundraiser that we can't wait to get in motion).
Q. What is 16 digit MJC1 number on my card for?
A. Again, future functionality. If we can find a fun and non-info-tracking use for this in the future we have that option (like giveaways for that fundraising program or even an optional decoupled debit program).
Q. How long do incentives and discounts last?
A. Promotions and discounts may change to match current events, holidays and seasons. The best way to stay up to date is to join our email list.
Q. What happens if I lose MyJoeCard?
A. Go get another one at a CardCenter nearby, or order one for free through our website by clicking here.
Q. Do I need to show MyJoeCard each time I use it in order to receive the discount?
A. Yes - especially if MyJoeCard is listed as part of a promotion. Show MyJoeCard right up front if the promotion says 'with MyJoeCard'. Otherwise just let them know that you found them through our directory.
Q. Is MyJoeCard better than using coupons?
A. Yes - save a tree. MyJoeCard offers CONVENIENCE No more coupon hassles, such as searching, clipping and keeping track of little pieces of paper. Coupons are costly in a variety of ways, such as:
- Coupons are inconvenient to sort through, read, cut out and carry around in hopes that you will actually have the right coupon in your possession, at the right time and the right place to get a savings (that is if you can do all this before it expires).
- Clutter in your home, your car and your wallet or purse.
- Coupons clog the mail, weighing down the Postal Carrier.
- Coupons slow mail delivery due to constant and repeat bulk mailings.
- Huge paper waste (natural resources waste).
- Coupons expire quickly, necessitating another mailing for more coupons.
Your time is valuable.
We offer value and convenience that doesn’t expire.
Q. Wouldn't it be nice to go through my mail without having to stand over the trash can?
A. Yes! MyJoeCard is your ideal shopping value guide for all products and services with information available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week online*.
Q. How many times may I use MyJoeCard at member locations?
A. You may use your card each time you visit. Business members often update their promotions. Stay up-to-date on the latest for Kansas City by subscribing to updates today. Subscribe here. Be sure to look for extra values as many of our network members offer extra discounts for 'First Time Use'.
Q. Do I need a printout of anything from the website in order to receive a discount?
A. Not likely. You can access our site on your phone if verification is needed (in case you get the 'new guy').
Q. Can you notify me when new merchants are added to MyJoeCard?
A. Yes. Join our e-mail list.
Q. How long has MyJoeCard been in business?
A. MYJOECARD.COM,LLC launched in Johnson County, KS in September 2004.
Q. Why in the world is the company called "MyJoeCard"?
A. Originally the domain name and company was "myjocard.com" standing for "Johnson County's Business Network". That didn't last long - as two businesses from Jackson County, MO quickly joined. It was a quandary. We didn't like the phonetics or limitations of going with something like "My KC Card". Joe's mom said "Hey, Sam's got a Club, why can't you have a Card?". In light of the fact that the name Joe is quite generic (I.e. 'Average Joe', 'Joe College', 'Joe Cool', 'Joe Schmo', etc.) we felt it worked from an 'everyman' standpoint. Also, it worked phonetically - exactly the same as the original - and was not limited by geographical reference. So, what the hell!
Q. Can I recommend a new business for MyJoeCard.Com?
A. Please do. We like to have fun, interact and we prefer a vibrant community. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Are there fundraising opportunities?
A. Coming soon (as soon as resources allow). MyJoeCard is committed to helping our local community. To find out more about our ‘Purpose-Driven Fundraiser’ for local schools and community groups in the Greater Kansas City Metro area email us.
Q. Are there career opportunities with MyJoeCard?
A. MyJoeCard is growing everyday. If you are interested in a great opportunity, have the right attitude, experience and skills (and perhaps some tiger blood), then email your resume to email@example.com.
Q. How do I get my business added to the program?
A. How to join MyJoeCard today:
Start advertising with MyJoeCard today.
* 24/7/365 advertising is relative to 99.9% uptime through aspx web hosting.